Dallas - Hiram
Dallas is a city in and the county seat of Paulding County, Georgia, United States. As of the 1910 census, the city had a population of 11,544. The estimated population as of 1914 was 12,629. It was named for George M. Dallas, Vice President of the United States of America under James K. Polk.
Dallas was created by an act of the Georgia General Assembly on February 8, 1854, on 40 acres (160,000 m2) purchased from Garrett H. Spinks on May 14, 1852, for $1000. Its first commissioners were James H. Ballinger, James S. Hackett, Hezekiah Harrison, John S. Poole, and Garrett H. Spinks.
In the late 1850s the town no longer elected officers and a new charter was issued in 1883.
For many years the real WKRP was in Dallas, just to the west of the center of downtown.
Hiram is a city in Paulding County, Georgia, United States. As of 2011, the population is 2,332. The city was named after Hiram Baggett, the town's first postmaster.
Initially named Gray's Mill to honor early settler Garrett Gray, Hiram incorporated in 1891. Gray brought quite a bit to Hiram, including the first cotton gin and the mill. He also represented the area in Congress and ran a political campaign to win the seat as the state's governor.