Dallas is a city in and the county seat of Paulding County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 11,544. The estimated population as of 2014 was 12,629. It was named for George M. Dallas, Vice President of the United States of America under James K. Polk.
Dallas was created by an act of the Georgia General Assembly on February 8, 1854, on 40 acres (160,000 m2) purchased from Garrett H. Spinks on May 14, 1852, for $1000. Its first commissioners were James H. Ballinger, James S. Hackett, Hezekiah Harrison, John S. Poole, and Garrett H. Spinks.
In the late 1850s the town no longer elected officers and a new charter was issued in 1883.
For many years the real WKRP was in Dallas, just to the west of the center of downtown.
Official Website: www.CityofDallasGA.com